Following are links to some websites that provide useful information on preschool themes:
The ChildFun Family Website – A huge list of various themes ranging from holidays, monthly, food, animals, color, community, homes, alphabet, seasonal and so on.
- Preschool Themes – Offers a variety of seasonal and holiday themes, games and activities as well as printables.
- Monthly Themes a variety of monthly themes for your preschool.
- Activity Idea Place: Activity Index – Themes are categorized by months, seasons, animals, self concepts and so on.
- Lesson Planet – Offers 30,000 lessons and 3354 lesson plans for thematic units.
- Idea Box – Activity – A huge list of themes sorted alphabetically.
- Gayle’s Preschool Rainbow – Activity Central – Ideas for pre-k and kindergarten teachers that enrich classroom curriculum are arranged by theme.
- Nuttin But Kids – Also has a member’s area where you can access more themes and other activity ideas for preschoolers.
- The Perpetual Preschool – Offers plenty of themes and learning center ideas for preschoolers. Preschool, daycare, childcare, and kindergarten curriculum resources for teachers. Over 500 hands-on, developmentally appropriate themes can be found here. New activities are added every day.
- ProTeacher Web Directory – This web directory has links to other preschool themes related websites on the Internet.
- Preschool Education Theme Topics – Provides lesson plan support for elementary school teachers. Includes an advice column, email group and list of themes and topics.
- The Teacher’s Corner – Teacher Resources – Lesson Plans Offers lesson plans, thematic units, calendars, pen pals.
- The Teacher’s Guide-Free Resources for Educators – Get lesson plans and thematic units, find tips on classroom management, visit educational organizations, and read articles on school violence.
Copyright 2001, 2004. All rights reserved. Any reproduction of this article in whole or in part without written or verbal permission is strictly prohibited. For information about reprinting this article, contact the copyright owner: Vanessa Rasmussen, Ph.D, Starting a Day Care Center, http://www.startingadaycarecenter.com.