What is an RSS FEED?
RSS is a mechanism used to distribute news content without depending on the browser or email client. Not everyone agrees precisely what RSS stands for, but “Really Simple Syndication” is a popular choice.
RSS is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format. An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed", or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship. Web feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically. They benefit readers who want to subscribe to timely updates from favored websites or to aggregate feeds from many sites into one place. RSS feeds can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader", or "aggregator", which can be web-based, desktop-based, mobile device or any computerized Internet-connected device. A standardized XML file format allows the information to be published once and viewed by many different programs. The user subscribes to a feed by entering the feed's URI (often referred to informally as a "URL", although technically, those two terms are not exactly synonymous) into the reader or by clicking an RSS icon in a browser that initiates the subscription process. The RSS reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new work, downloads any updates that it finds, and provides a user interface to monitor and read the feeds.
RSS formats are specified using XML, a generic specification for the creation of data formats. Although RSS formats have evolved since March 1999, the RSS icon ("") first gained widespread use between 2005 and 2006.
What are the advantages of RSS?
- In general it means time savings because, thanks to RSS, you stay ahead of what’s new without having to browse every site you normaly visit. An RSS reader aggregates the content for you to view in one place, this saves time and brings you the content like when you're reading a newspaper with the advantage to view only headlines. You're in control of which articles you want to read.
What RSS Feeds does ChildFun have available?
- All ChildFun Updates - this feed will update you any time we add anything to ChildFun. Articles, crafts, recalls, tips, everything!
- Product Recalls - this feed will only update you when we add a product recall
- From the Editor - this feed will only update you when Jenny writes a new column or updates her blog
- Holiday Updates - this feed will update you whenever we add or update any holiday activity or craft
- Daily Crafts - each weekday we will publish one new quick and easy craft for kids
- Daily Tips - each weekday we will publish one quick family friendly household tip
- Fat-2-40-2-Fab - Mrs. ChildFun's blog about her journey from Fat to Forty to Fabulous! Join her as she reaches her weight loss goals!
- Coloring Page Updates - Get updated just when we add new coloring pages.
Clicking on any of these links will open up a page from Feedburner. You can decide if you want your feed in a newsreader, XML mail reader like Microsoft Ourlook, or just delivered right to your personal email account! We will be adding new feeds soon. Are there any special ones you want to request? Fill out the form here and let us know!
You can check out our latest braindumps and Pass4sure 220-801 exams written by our certified teams to help you pass Testking .You can also purchase Actualtests SY0-401 . Our ISC is simply excellent in quality.