Mosaic Pot of Gold
Kids will love making this fun picture for St. Patrick’s Day!
Age: 4 and up
What You Need
1 sheet of light blue construction paper
½ sheets of construction paper in green, red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, and black
shamrock stickers (optional)
white craft glue
pencil or pen
How To Make It
- Lay the light blue construction paper onto the work surface in front of the child.
- Cut a wide strip of green construction paper to fit on the bottom third of the light blue, this will be the grass.
- Place pattern over the top of your construction paper. Use a pen or pencil to trace the pattern, press firmly so that the paper underneath is indented. Remove the pattern and lightly trace the indents with pencil or pen.
- Tear remaining construction paper into strips, then into squares.
- Following the pattern lines, use white craft glue to fill in different sections at a time then apply the paper squares onto the glue. We recommend the following order for best results:
Gold in pot
Apply shamrock stickers to various places on the grass.
Courtesy of Amanda Formaro
Each weekday we will publish an easy craft for kids.
Click here to receive our daily crafts by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Craft of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Octopus Activity Theme
- Feeling Stressed Out? - February 12, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Robin Eggs - January 3, 2011- Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Thumb-Body Loves You - February 14, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Home Energy: Air Ducts - December 16, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Lightning, Thunder and the 30-30 Rule - January 13, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Make Your Ladder Safer - April 12, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Outdoor Winter Safety - January 18, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Measuring Melted Butter - April 21, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Bubble Wrap Painting - September 20, 2013 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.