Grocery Savings: Homemade Shake and Bake - January 28, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Written by Jenny Wanderscheid
Homemade Shake and Bake
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
Combine ingredients and store in a sealable container or zipper topped plastic bag. This will keep up to 4 months in the pantry, depending on the humidity (you may just want to keep it in the freezer). This recipe will also double or triple well.
To Use: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one cup mix in a plastic bag.
In a bowl, mix an egg and 1/2 cup of milk. Dip chicken pieces one at a time in the milk mixture, then shake one at a time in the plastic bag.
Place on a baking pan and bake for appropriate time (depending on the chicken you're using-as a little as 20 minutes or up to an hour for bigger, bone-in pieces).
Each weekday we will publish a family friendly tip.
Click here to receive our daily tips by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Tip of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Perfectly Crisped Bacon - January 20, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Fireworks - July 1, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Tears, Joy & Boredom - From Dad's Point of View
- How to Repair CD Scratches - February 28, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Fish Tank Garden - April 12, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Weather Wise, Weather Weary, Weather Vane - From Dad's Point of View
- Snowmen - December 14, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Milk Carton Haunted Houses - Oct 20, 2010 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- What is a Co-Dependent Parent?
- Pasta Fun - February 4, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Last Updated on Sunday, 02 January 2011 09:32