Prep Your Car for Winter - October 4, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Written by Jenny Wanderscheid
|Prep Your Car for Winter
A little preparation before winter sets in may help prevent major headaches later.
What you can do
- Make sure you have a heavy-duty ice scraper and snow brush in your vehicle.
- Cold weather reduces tire pressure, so check tire pressure often.
- Check your wiper blades. Cold temperatures can make blades brittle, and ice on the windshield can cause nicks in the blades, decreasing performance.
- If you're planning a trip, take a blanket, extra-warm clothing, a collapsible shovel, a bag of road salt and an extra bottle of windshield washer fluid.
- Install snow tires if you live in an area where temperatures remain below 7°C for extended periods of time.
Each weekday we will publish a family friendly tip.
Click here to receive our daily tips by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Tip of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Keep Those Over-Ripe Bananas! - January 31, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Day 4 Declutter: Old Receipts, Bills, Paystubs - December 20, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Cola ham! - July 17, 2009 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Paint With Salt - June 26, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Toddlers and Productivity - From Mom's Point of View
- When the Lights Go Out - December 24, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Gingerbread People - January 7, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Look for the Signs of Termites - June 24, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Stinky Sneaker Relief - April 17, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Boy Scout Wooden Plaque with Photo - Scouting Crafts and Activities
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Last Updated on Saturday, 01 October 2011 19:24