Chili For A Crowd - November 23, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Written by Jenny Wanderscheid
Chili For A Crowd (25 people)
5 lb. med. ground beef
3 cups chopped onion
3 cans 28 oz. red kidney beans
3 cans 28 oz. tomatoes
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup oil
5 TBS chili powder
4 or 5 garlic cloves (chopped or crushed)
freshly ground pepper
coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
red or green pepper (optional)
- Put a tablespoon of oil in fry pan and brown the hamburger. Transfer the hamburger to chili pot and begin to saute the garlic, onions, mushrooms, chili and green or red peppers, (in that order) in fry pan.
- Transfer ingredients to chili pot. Add kidney beans and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly. Bring to boil. Lower heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until thickened. Stir occasionally. Adjust seasonings according to taste. After all cooked, add grated cheese just before serving.
Each weekday we will publish a family friendly tip.
Click here to receive our daily tips by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Tip of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Day 22 Declutter: Perfumes and Colognes - January 18, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Lace Whales - July 29, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Sparkle Snow Paint - January 22, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Pet Hair on Upholstery - Sept 20, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Garden Pesticide - May 20, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Paper Bag Wig - October 20, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Lincoln's Bracelet - February 16, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Pantry Dividers - November 8, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Recycle: Plastic Bag Holiday Wreath - December 7, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Crayon Melting - September 24, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts For Kids
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Last Updated on Sunday, 06 November 2011 14:41