Daily Tips -
Chili For A Crowd (25 people)
5 lb. med. ground beef
3 cups chopped onion
3 cans 28 oz. red kidney beans
3 cans 28 oz. tomatoes
1 lb. sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup oil
5 TBS chili powder
4 or 5 garlic cloves (chopped or crushed)
freshly ground pepper
coarsely shredded cheddar cheese
red or green pepper (optional)
- Put a tablespoon of oil in fry pan and brown the hamburger. Transfer the hamburger to chili pot and begin to saute the garlic, onions, mushrooms, chili and green or red peppers, (in that order) in fry pan.
- Transfer ingredients to chili pot. Add kidney beans and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly. Bring to boil. Lower heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until thickened. Stir occasionally. Adjust seasonings according to taste. After all cooked, add grated cheese just before serving.
Each weekday we will publish a family friendly tip.
Click here to receive our daily tips by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Tip of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Money, Money, Money - From Mom's Point of View
- Wind Socks
- Survival: Prepare For a Power Outage - June 19, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Styrofoam Ball Ornaments - December 15, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Pumpkin Painting - October 15, 2009 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Feet Butterflies - December 7, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Fish - December 21, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Pinching and Pruning - June 30, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- DIY Doube Boiler - February 17, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Stinky Microwave - January 28, 2009 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.