Emergency Kit for Your Car - October 25, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Written by Jenny Wanderscheid
Emergency Kit for Your Car
In case you are stranded, keep a kit of emergency supplies in your car. This kit should include:
- Jumper cables
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kit and necessary medications in case you are away from home for a prolonged time
- Food items containing protein such as nuts and energy bars; canned fruit and a portable can opener
- Water for each person and pet in your car
- AM/FM radio to listen to traffic reports and emergency messages
- Cat litter or sand for better tire traction
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes, gloves, hat, sturdy boots, jacket and an extra change of clothes
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- A fully-charged cell phone and phone charger
- Flares or reflective triangle
- Baby formula and diapers if you have a small child
Be prepared for an emergency by keeping your gas tank full and if you find yourself stranded, be safe and stay in your car, put on your flashers, call for help and wait until it arrives.
Courtesy of www.ready.gov
Click here to receive our daily tips by email or feed.
Click here to visit our Tip of the Day Archive.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In...
- Kitchen Shaker Idea - August 2, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- How to Save Tomato Seeds - March 12, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Day 4 Declutter: Old Receipts, Bills, Paystubs - December 20, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Septic Care - February 2, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Decorating - October 13, 2009 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Key Chain - February 14, 2013 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Home Energy: Recessed Lighting - December 30, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Salty Surprise - Aug 9, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Still More Tips to Remove Sticker Adhesives - Sept 30, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Last Updated on Saturday, 22 September 2012 21:25