Valentine Treats & Snacks
Tempt your loved one's tummies with these tasty treats that say I love you!
Valentine Kisses: Makes 4 - 6
- 6 cups Krispy Rice Cereal
- 1 Package Of Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Margarine
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Microwave Oven
- Large Microwave Safe Bowl
- Funnel Sprayed With Cooking Spray
- 12" Square Of Aluminum Foil For Each Child
- 1" x 11" Strip Of Paper Per Child
- Waxed Paper
- Mixing Spoon
- Label each strip of paper to say "A Kiss For You!" Follow directions on cereal box for making treats. Allow the mixture to cool until easy enough to handle. Have children mold it in the funnel. Place on waxed paper to cool completely before wrapping. Wrap kiss and strip in aluminum foil. Give as a gift to a special someone.
- Gingerbread Valentines
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each of ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves
- 1 package red hots candies
- 1 jar silver ball candy decorations
- 1. Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar, and salt.
- 2. Add egg, molasses, and vinegar. Mix well.
- 3. Sift together dry ingredients. Add to molasses mixture, mix well.
- 4. Chill about 3 hours. Roll out, ¹ inch thick, on lightly floured surface.
- 5. Trace children's hands onto paper and cut out with scissors. Place paper hands on dough and cut around with a knife.
- 6. Place on greased cookie sheet and let children decorate their own hands.
- Use red hots for fingernails, silver balls for rings, etc.
- 7. Bake at 375 degrees for 6 - 8 minutes, cool on wire rack. Makes about 15
- Loveable Cookies
- 1 20 oz. Roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, chilled
- 1 16 oz. Can pink frosting
- Powdered sugar
- Heart shaped cookie cutters - 1 small and 1 large
Prepare sugar cookies according to directions on the package for rolled cookies. Cut hearts in dough using a cookie cutter. Use knife or smaller cookie cutter to cut out a heart in the center of half the cookies. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 - 9 minutes. You can bake the baby hearts, too, for 5 minutes only. Let cool. Spread each big solid cookie with frosting and top with a cutout cookie. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Dear Reader: You can help us make this theme even better!
All of our theme ideas have come from our imagination and from reader submissions. Please use this form to contact us if you have crafts, activities, games, recipes, songs or poems that you would like us to add to this theme.
Webmasters and Authors:
We will gladly include a link back to your site or book in exchange for sharing your content. Just contact us!
Make Sure to Visit These Related Links and Articles
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.