Pet rocks are popular again! Make this cute one for yourself or someone you love.
Craft provided by Heidi Ott of the Crafter's Community web site.
Visit her site to find hundreds of craft ideas, tutorials, and resources.
- For each ladybug you will need
- 1 Smooth oval rock
- Scrap of black felt
- Black acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- White glue
- Spray varnish
Clean rock with soap and water. Allow to dry.
Paint your entire rock with red paint. Let dry completely.
Paint head, stripe down the back and spots with black paint (refer to the picture above).
Paint the two eyes with white paint.
After the paint has dried, spray rock with varnish.
From the black felt cut out a base. Use the pattern here and scale it up or down to the size of your rock.
Glue base to the bottom of the ladybug.
Dear Reader: You can help us make this theme even better!
All of our theme ideas have come from our imagination and from reader submissions. Please use this form to contact us if you have crafts, activities, games, recipes, songs or poems that you would like us to add to this theme.
Webmasters and Authors:
We will gladly include a link back to your site or book in exchange for sharing your content. Just contact us!
Make Sure to Visit These Related Links and Articles
- Star Cookie Cutter Painting - May 29, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Stained Glass Fish - July 19, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Grass - December 25, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Eliminate Refrigerator Odors - February 22, 2012 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- X Collage - August 2, 2013 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Veteran's Day Flags - November 3, 2010 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Good Food Collage - March 29, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Paper Plate Apples - Sept 8, 2010 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Kids Work Area - April 13, 2009 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Rainbow Necklaces - May 20, 2010 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.