Use a wilting bouquet or gather flowers and leaves (with permission, of course!) to make beautiful place mats. Colors eventually fade to browns for a truly elegant look.
Terri Bose is a mom and a stepmom. She is the creator of the kids' craft site www.makingfriends.com and the author of three children's craft books. More recycled Valentine's Day Craft ideas are on line at http://www.makingfriends.com/recycle_valentines.htm
- Clear Contact Paper
- Flowers and Leaves
For each place mat, cut 2 pieces of contact paper approximately 12" x 18". Peel the backing off one piece and lay it sticky side up on the table. Remove blossoms and leaves from their stems and arrange them on the sticky side of the contact paper. Press everything flat with your fingers. Some flowers will work better if you remove the petals and use them individually.
Peel the backing off the 2nd piece of contact paper. Place it sticky side down over your arrangement. Do not worry about lining up edges exactly. You will probably get some wrinkles. Just press everything down as flat as possible and your place mat will look beautiful. Trim around all edges with scissors.
TIP Have someone help with the contact paper. You can each hold 2 corners and it will be easier to apply.
IDEA Make decorative edges by cutting scallops or applying colored tape.
- IDEA Cut into several different shapes pieces and make a mobile to hang in front of a window.
Dear Reader: You can help us make this theme even better!
All of our theme ideas have come from our imagination and from reader submissions. Please use this form to contact us if you have crafts, activities, games, recipes, songs or poems that you would like us to add to this theme.
Webmasters and Authors:
We will gladly include a link back to your site or book in exchange for sharing your content. Just contact us!
Make Sure to Visit These Related Links and Articles
- Pet Care for Allergies - April 10, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Teacup Candles - June 21, 2011 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Flower Magnets - May 2, 2011 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Easy Elephants - November 26, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts For Kids
- Landscape with Soft Mulch - June 13, 2013 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Wallpaper Pictures - July 22, 2013 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- Veteran's Day Stars and Strips Collage - November 2, 2010 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- How to Remove Cork from Inside Bottle - August 30, 2010 - Daily Family Friendly Tips
- Onion Skin Eggs - April 6, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
- The Letter D - October 17, 2012 - Quick and Easy Daily Crafts for Kids
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.