1. Click here to print the pattern pieces (red piece and handle). Cut the pattern pieces along outer edge. Using the red piece as a guide, cut out a white piece. You should now have a red piece, a white piece and a red handle. Stack the red and white pieces together and fold along the fold line. Cutting through both pieces, cut the center slit as shown on the red pattern piece. Separate the two pieces and refold each separately.
2. Hold both pieces at an angle as shown in Fig. 1.
3. Take the top red strip and slip it through the top white strip (Fig. 2).
4. Open the top red strip and slip the bottom white strip through the red strip (Fig. 3).
5. Open the bottom red strip and slip the top white strip through it (Fig. 4).
6. Open the bottom white strip and slip the bottom red strip through it (Fig. 5).
7. Glue the ends of the handle piece to the heart to form a basket (Fig. 6).
Cut one 2" wide red ribbon 6" long. Fold in half. Cut the raw edges so they are rounded. Starting at the center of the folded edge, cut a 2" slit going towards the curved edge. Repeat with 2" white ribbon. To weave the basket follow directions 2-7 of the paper basket.
Fill with small treats and give to family and friends.