Music plays an important role in culture. It’s everywhere we go—on television and radio, in elevators, in restaurants, in kids movies. Parents and caregivers instinctively use music to calm and soothe their children. Music expresses joy and love, and it encourages social and verbal interactions.
Your toddler probably loves dancing and moving to music. Repetitious songs provide repeat exposure to word use and leads to memorization. Silly songs make children laugh and bring them joy. You can sing familiar songs with your little one and clap and tap out rhythms using your hands or rhythm toys. Music toys for two-year-olds enhance the child’s natural learning environment and help develop music appreciation.
- 1. Hape Pound and Tap Bench- $30
- 2. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn® Rock & Record Microphone – $11
- 3. Alilo Smarty Shake & Tell – $38
- 4. Fisher-Price Classic Music Box Record Player – $28
- 5. PlanToys Clatter – $20
- 6. Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo – $40
- 7. Corolle Mon Premier Bébé Calin Melody Doll – $50
- 8. Playme Pat Bells Station – $90