A 2018 report found that 77 million households go camping at least occasionally. Camping is a popular activity because it’s easy to plan and allows you to spend some quality time as a family. It’s essential to choose quality gear to ensure that you have a great trip, starting with sleeping bags for kids.
What to Look for When Choosing a Sleeping Bag for a Kid
Here are the top things to consider when shopping for a new sleeping bag for your child:
- Insulation. Budget sleeping bags typically have synthetic insulation, while the more expensive models use down insulation.
- Temperature rating. Choose a summer, winter, or three-season sleeping bag depending on the weather and temperatures you can expect. The European EN 13537 temperature rating system is another useful indicator of the warmth of a sleeping bag.
- Style. A rectangular or semi-rectangular sleeping bag has more room, but a mummy sleeping bag will keep your child warm if temperatures drop at night.
- Weight and size. Choose a size adapted to your child’s height, and take weight into consideration if you’re going backpacking.
- Style. Camping is a fun experience, and the adventure starts with selecting gear your child is excited about.
The Best Sleeping Bags for Kids
We have selected different sleeping bags for kids in function of their quality, temperature rating, and other features.
Redcamp Kids Sleeping Bag for Camping
If you’re planning a backpacking trip, keep in mind that your child’s pack should weigh between 10 and 20% of their body weight. A lightweight sleeping bag will help you stay in that range.
Camping Sleeping Bags for Kids
These versatile sleeping bags are perfect for your next camping trip.
Sleeping Bags with Shells for Kids
Sleeping bags with shells are ideal for camping in cold or damp conditions.
Sleeping Bags with Hoods for Kids
A hood will help make your child feel warm and safe.
Sleeping Bags with Pockets for Kids
Pockets are convenient for keeping valuables, and favorite toys close at hand.
Sleeping Bags with Pillows for Kids
A sleeping bag with a built-in pillow is fun to use and will keep your child comfortable.
Budget Sleeping Bags for Kids
Budget sleeping bags for kids are a great option if you don’t camp very often or if your child will primarily use the sleeping bag for sleepovers.
Our sleeping bag recommendations should help you find the right camping gear for your next trip. Make sure you select a sleeping bag with a temperature rating adapted to the area where you will camp, and look for a sleeping bag that corresponds to your child’s height and age.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘As is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time. / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API