Your 2 year old is growing and developing at a fast pace and needs toys that will support and stimulate their development. Play is the most important component in developing critical skills for toddlers and children. You should be choosing toys that allow your 2 year old to play independently, as well as challenge themselves physically, cognitively and socially.
These toys will keep them engaged and active in their play and learning. This selection of toys are great for supporting your child’s development intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
A) Toys for 2-Year-Old Boys
Children at this age don’t care if their toys are made for boys or girls, although boys may be more interested in cars and construction equipment. Here are some of the best toys for two-year-old boys.
1. Nicmo 5-in-1 Construction Toys Carrier Set
This set includes five friction-powered construction vehicles, including:
- Cement mixer
- Dump Truck
- Big construction truck
2. Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike
3. Montessori Toys Car Race Track
4. Fun Little Toys Kids Play Tent
5. Prextex Interactive Dinosaur Book
B) Toys For 2-Year-Old Girls
When your child is done with the dump trucks and the dinosaurs, let them enjoy some of these creative and colorful toys.
1. ArtCreative Bubble Lawn Mower
2. iPlay iLearn Bouncy Unicorn
It’s a small inflatable, rubberized unicorn that your kid can sit on. By bouncing up and down, the unicorn will travel across the room. Kids love these things.
3. VTech Touch and Learn Activity Desk
4. XIAPIA 3-in-1 Tricycle
5. Melissa & Doug Old MacDonald Board Book
Best of all, each dot makes a different clicking and popping sound as they’re pressed.
C) Outdoor Toys
There are lots to do in the great outdoors, whether that’s in your backyard, at the beach, or in the middle of a snow hill.
1. Bean Bag Toss Game
2. Inflatable Splash Pad Sprinkler Pool
Connect a hose, and it will spray water from spouts all around the edges of the pool.
3. Learning Resources Farmer’s Market Play Set
4. TOMY John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor
5. Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
D) Educational Toys
While most toys are educational, sometimes your child requires that extra push. Here are some toys that will help them learn as they play.
1. Prextex My First Find And Match Easter Eggs
2. Lydaz Montessori Wooden Puzzle Counting Toy
3. Just Smarty Interactive Learning Poster
4. Coogan Montessori Wooden Fishing Game
Each fish has a corresponding letter painted on it. Your child has to match the letters on the fish with the letters on the board.
5. My First Flash Cards
E) Award-Winning Toys
These toys have won awards for their ingenuity and usefulness. That ranks them among the best toys for two-year-olds.
1. ThinkFun Zingo Bingo Game
2. My First Big Floor Puzzle – Little Llama
3. TOP BRIGHT Activity Cube
4. Best Learning Whack and Learn Mole
The Whack and Learn Mole won the Tillywig Brain Gold Medal in 2018 for Mother’s Choice.
5. Best Learning My Spin & Learn Steering Wheel
F) Budget & Inexpensive Toys
You don’t need to spend big to provide fun for your children. Check out these inexpensive toys for two-year-olds.
1.Learning Resources Peekaboo Learning Farm
2. Munchkin Wind Up Swimming Penguin Bath Toy
3. 6-Pack Dinosaur Cars Wind-Up Toys
4. Make Your Own Butterfly Sticker Book
Dress up the butterfly in different costumes and different colored wings. Make it beautiful!
5. Growsley Splash Pad for Toddlers
The pad measures 67-inches and allows up to four kids to play in it at once.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon. This content is provided ‘As is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time. / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API