Don’t bug your mom this afternoon. Read through this list of funny bug puns instead. You can always bug the family around the dinner table later and tell them the jokes you learned here.
Short bug puns for kids
- Why wouldn’t the parents let the butterfly into the school dance? Because it was a mothball.
- Where do ants live? In Ant-lantic City!
- What do ants use to stop smelling bad after working out? Deodor-ant!
- What do you call flies without wings? Walks.
- What do you call a rabbit that has beetles crawling all over it? Bugs Bunny.
- Why was the ant confused? Because his uncles were “ants”!
- What do you find on the ground and a hundred feet in the air? A centipede lying on its back!
- What do you call a snail sailing on a boat? A snailor!
- What is the strongest insect in the animal kingdom? A snail because it walks around with its home on its back.
Bug puns one liners
- What do you call an ant’s mom’s sister? Aunt Ant.
- Give it everything, and your very pest!
- Christmas? “Bah humbug!”
- Leave me alone. Stop bugging me!
- Fly is a 90s slang for cool-looking people.
- I came up with this idea on the fly!
- I’m creepin’ it real, my homies.
- You’re just full of flies, aren’t you?
- I larva you to death!
- Arrgh Mite-y. A popular phrase with pirate bugs.
Bug play on words
- What kind of bugs like to live in clocks and watches? Ticks!
- What kind of bug can’t use the men’s bathroom? Ladybugs.
- Why was the fly looking around in the garbage can? Because he’s a litterbug.
- What kind of gas do snails like to use for fuel? Shell!
- Where’s the best place to buy your bugs at great prices? A flea market!
- What are bugs’ favorite ball sports? Cricket.
- Why don’t people like it when bed bugs invade their homes? Because they get under the skin.
- What do you call beetles that can dance? Jitterbugs.
- How do you get rid of bugs? Call the S.W.A.T. team!
- What do you call insects with perms? Frisbees.
- What do you call insects that land on the moon? Lunar ticks.
- I just watched a great film about large ants. It was XL ant.
- Heard a rumor of giant butterflies living in London, but it’s probably just an urban moth.
- Which is the only insect that’s smarter than a talking parrot? A spelling bee.
- What was the Soviet Union’s secret government insect? The Cagey Bee.
- A friend of mine failed the Wasp Identification Exam. He only got a bee.
Lady bug puns
- How many ladybugs does it take to screw in a light bulb? Two, but I don’t know how they got in there.
- What do you call male ladybugs? Confused.
- Why don’t ladybugs like playing hide and seek? Someone always spots them.
- What stage do ladybugs go through before they become an adult? Pupa-ty.
- The bugs were organizing a party when the ladybug asked, “Are we inviting the ants?” “Mite as well,” said the centipede.
- What did the realtor ladybug say to her client? “My home is under escarole. I’m sorry, I’ll leave.
- “It’s a bug’s life. The good, the bad, and the creepy-crawly 🐜”
- “Fishing for tadpoles, catching fireflies—it’s always summertime somewhere. 🐟🌊☀”
- “Got bugs 🐞 we’ll catch them for you with no handling fee.”
Bug dad jokes
- Insect jokes bug me.
- As an entomologist, I bug you till it hurts.
- I ant helping you with that project no matter how much you bug me.
- Stop trying to bug me for jokes. Why don’t you try looking on the web instead?
- Did you know male bees die after mating? You could say their lifecycle is basically “Honey Nut Cheerio!”
- We’re not judging the wasp for his actions. We’re giving him the bee-nefit of the doubt.
- I don’t know how to handle it. We’ll just get things going on the fly.
- I once knew a gastro-entomologist. He told me he studied the digestion of bugs.
- It’s really bugging me that I ran out of bug jokes to say tonight.
- A dung beetle walks into the bar and says,” is this stool taken?”